Lion’s mane mushrooms have both culinary and medicinal uses in Asian countries like China, India, Japan, and Korea.
Here are nine health benefits of lion’s mane mushrooms and their extracts:
1. Could protect against dementia
2. Helps relieve mild symptoms of depression and anxiety
3. May speed recovery from nervous system injuries
4. Protects against ulcers in the digestive tract
5. Reduces risk of heart disease
6. Helps manage diabetes symptoms
7. May help fight cancer
8. Reduces inflammation and oxidative stress
9. Boosts the immune system
Healthline content is strictly informational and should not be considered medical advice. See a licensed medical professional for diagnosis and treatment recommendations. Opinions expressed in this video may not reflect those of Healthline Media.